How to set General options in NetBeans IDE2 August 2007
Every IDE has some basic settings so that look and feel of the IDE can be adjusted as per user convenience. In this blog we are going to explore the basic working of the IDE “Options”.
1. Click “Tools” and select options as shown in the diagram below.
2. You will see the following screen where you can set very basic actions for the IDE like “Java Packages View” and “Web Browser Settings”.
3. In the left panel you will find several options like setting editor properties. Using Editor Property’s panel you can set general options like “Code Folding/Code Completion” And “Code Templates”.
In the diagram shown below you can see how Code Templates can be edited.
4. In the left panel you will also find option for “Fonts and Colors”. Where you can see several options for settings of fonts /color in IDE.
5. In the left panel “KeyMap” option is also present .Here you can see various keyboard shortcuts and may add/modify them.
6. In end of right panel you will see “Miscellaneous” .Here you can set various options like setting ANT home used by NetBeans Editor. Here settings can be modified if needed.
- Creating J2ee Modules In NetBeans IDE
- Configuring Enterprise Application Servers In NetBeans IDE
- How To Edit/Add JSP Pages in NetBeans IDE
- Creating a Session Ejb in NetBeans IDE
- Debugging In NetBeans IDE
- Developement Of Enterprise Applications in NetBeans IDE
- Calling a Message Driven Bean in NetBeans
- Generating JavaDoc For a Project In NetBeans IDE
- Calling A Session Bean Using A Web Module
It will look like this: How to set General options in NetBeans IDE